Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Well, we're married!

Go down 
+5
BRNechama
Samantha
Bee
Dena
maculated
9 posters
AuthorMessage
maculated

maculated

Well,  we're married!  Empty
PostSubject: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:03 pm

It went phenomenally well. My whole family went along with things and was super pleased with the ceremony and the Jewish community that helped us out. I cannot imagine a more perfect day.

Here are some photos - there will be lots more, but these are the first in. I will post a YouTube of the ceremony, too.

The McNawitz Experience

And, I sent this same link to his parents, who extended an olive leaf of sending photos of Israel in return . . . hence me putting the ceremony online (even though the video's not the best).
Back to top Go down
http://www.about.me/kristin.mcnamara
Dena

Dena

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:25 pm

That's great! Mozel Tov!!!! The pictures are just lovely. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dena

Dena

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:25 pm

I'm glad it went well and your family was happy.
Back to top Go down
Bee

Bee

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:07 am

How wonderful! So happy for you guys!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Samantha

Samantha

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:23 am

Absolutely beautiful, mazel tov!
Back to top Go down
BRNechama

BRNechama

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:27 am

Mazel tov! I love the eclectic crowd, the beautiful setting, and the mix of informality with traditional Jewish ritual. Very Happy

I hope to one day, G-d willing, have a simple non-pretentious wedding. I love outdoor weddings, but the unreliable weather here in Pennsylvania makes me afraid to even consider it. Anyway....thank you so much for sharing & of course, MAZEL TOV! whoohoo
Back to top Go down
http://about.me/rishona
James

James

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Mazel tov!
Back to top Go down
Debbie B.

Debbie B.

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:02 pm

מזל טוב

There is some tradition (non-Jewish) about whether to say "Congratulations" or "Best Wishes" to the bride or groom, but I never remember which to say to whom, so I'll say both to both of you! I'm so glad to hear that it went well.

As said in the "Sheva Brachot":
ברוך אתה ה', משמח חתן עם הכלה

--Debbie
Back to top Go down
maculated

maculated

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 3:13 pm

And this took an epic three days to upload on YouTube (I have no idea why) . . .
McNawitz Experience

Forgive the horrible quality of the video - the gal who volunteered to do it very clearly did the best she could - but for those of you who were like, "What's a Jewish wedding look like?" Here's a pretty traditional one. About 30 min.
Back to top Go down
FaustianSlip

FaustianSlip

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 11:26 am

That's great news. Mazel tov!
Back to top Go down
Dena

Dena

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:46 pm

maculated wrote:
And this took an epic three days to upload on YouTube (I have no idea why) . . .
McNawitz Experience

Kristin, it was beautiful! The smile plastered on his face the whole time...so adorable. And you looked gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Mychal

Mychal

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm so behind the times (sometimes this site says there's nothing new, when there really is). I'm so glad things went well, and I can't wait to have some time to watch your video; I have some characters in a new story that need to get married Jewish-style.

whoohoo
Back to top Go down
http://becomingjew.blog.com/
maculated

maculated

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:43 pm

:) It's pretty horrible quality video, but that should certainly help you. :)

The unity candle thing was something I added for my parents' benefit. Jews often will surround the chuppah with havdala candles lit during the wedding, so this was my alternate version.
Back to top Go down
Debbie B.

Debbie B.

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:16 pm

We had a "unity candle" in our wedding too for my parents' benefit. It was kind of tough to "balance" the Jewish traditions in our wedding, but we tried hard to do it. I think Judaism has many more specific wedding rituals than say the Presbyterianism of my paternal grandmother (although I might be wrong because I really don't know a lot about Christian ritual). I wasn't brought up with much Christian background anyway (one year of regular church attendance and Sunday school when I was eight). Every single non-Jewish thing we put in our wedding was completely for other people.

Actually, a lot of my wedding was that way: my sisters asked me why the dyed shoes for the bridesmaids (my sisters, my sister-in-law, and one of my cousins, so I think my parents just paid for all of the dresses) since that was so unlike my own simpler tastes. Answer: I realized early on that the wedding ceremony was a lot more important to my mom than to me (I'm the oldest child, and she was younger than I am now when I got married), and my parents were paying the bill---so I just allowed a lot of it to be what what she wanted.

"Maculated": I'm so glad to hear that your family was pleased with your wedding given all the thought and effort you put into it. Sometimes people feel like they are are not being "true to themselves" if they compromise for other people. But it's important to consider the feelings of people you care about, especially if you expect that sometimes they'll do that for you too. All relationships have some give and take.

With all the anxiety leading up to your big day, you must be so relieved that it is over and it worked out OK. Mazel tov.
Back to top Go down
maculated

maculated

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:35 pm

Oh, I am. My dad kept joking that the ceremony almost converted him. :)

At 31, it's pretty hard for me to do what my family wants - I've been doing what I want for so long . . . but I am also learning how to choose my battles. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, we're married!    Well,  we're married!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, we're married!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Jewish Life :: Relationsonships, Family and Parenting-
Jump to: