HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

It's quiet around here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dena

PostSubject: It's quiet around here   Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:19 pm

What has everyone been up to lately? Any big summer plans?
Back to top Go down
esf

PostSubject: Re: It's quiet around here   Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Was thinking the same.. Obviously not enough controversial topics happening at the moment!
Back to top Go down
searchinmyroots

PostSubject: Re: It's quiet around here   Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:16 pm

How was everyone's Passover?

Does it feel good to eat leavened bread again, or were you just getting used to it?

Don't forget a lot of people go away for the Spring break and/or Holidays. And now we all have to go back to the weekly grind.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Back to top Go down
SaraK

PostSubject: Re: It's quiet around here   Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:02 am

I'm fine, although busy with finals and the like. I hope everyone is doing good!
Back to top Go down
Dena

PostSubject: Re: It's quiet around here   Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:59 pm

searchinmyroots wrote:

Does it feel good to eat leavened bread again, or were you just getting used to it?

I never eat it so it makes no difference to me. I can't have gluten so cutting out chametz in my diet is pretty simple since it just involves a few items with vinegar. My husband is sure glad it's over though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mychal

PostSubject: Re: It's quiet around here   Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:16 pm

I celebrated the end of Passover with a hamburger. My husband was getting tired of trying to fix me meals that didn't involve flour.

Maybe someday i will come to like Passover week (it'd help if I had a Jewish family to turn it into a real holiday), but right now, I'd rather deal with Yom Kippur. One day of fasting from everything is easier than an entire week of a very selective diet.
Back to top Go down
http://becomingjew.blog.com/
maculated

PostSubject: Re: It's quiet around here   Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 pm

I had to travel to St. Louis the last half of passover and explain to everyone why, no, even that grilled wrap I can't eat. I was starving. Fruit and veggies from the grocery and nothing more. Following friends around looking for good BBQ ribs . . . but it all culminated in Kohn's Kosher Deli and . . . mmmmmmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.about.me/kristin.mcnamara
Debbie B.

PostSubject: Re: It's quiet around here   Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:03 am

@maculated:

You should have brought more of your own food such as matzah and kosher for Passover spreads like cashew butter, jam, or chocolate spread, K for P tuna (the pouches are more convenient for travel than cans), nuts like cashew, walnuts and pecans. There are various canned K for P foods. Individually wrapped cheese sticks or other sealed cheeses (wax covered or slices vacuum sealed in plastic) are fine for several days without refrigeration. As I recall from when I was a child and had dyed eggs around the house at Easter, un-peeled hard-boiled eggs are also OK for a few days without refrigeration. And I'm guessing that you'd be OK with un-peeled hard-boiled eggs cooked in non-K for P conditions as well.

Traveling during Passover is a pain. If you specially ordered "kosher" meals on planes or at events, you are likely to be served a packaged kosher meal that is not OK for Passover.

I suppose you ate at the Kosher deli after Passover ended or was there actually a kosher deli serving K for P food? None of the kosher restaurants in my area are open during Passover.
Back to top Go down
maculated

PostSubject: Re: It's quiet around here   Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:29 am

Yeah, me starving was my own fault. We don't really have much selection in the way of K for P stuff here, so aside from taking a bunch of feta cheese or chocolates, I was through my charoset and toffee matzot by day one. I probably could have gone to the Jewish community and found a grocery store that was more friendly, but given that I was shuttle mistress for the wedding, getting to do what I wanted to was . . . not happening.

And yeah, it was after passover. My non-Jewish friends were wondering why the shelves were so bare. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.about.me/kristin.mcnamara
Bee

PostSubject: Re: It's quiet around here   Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:52 am

I had a wonderful Pesach. I spent the week by myself so planned ahead and bought a ticket for a community second night Seder and Havdalah service, made new friends. My husband was in DC and spent Shabbat and first night Seder at his shul and had a wonderful time too. We ended Pesach together here in Texas ;-)
Back to top Go down
Dena

PostSubject: Re: It's quiet around here   Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Bee, are you not going to be able to join him in Baltimore? I had thought you were hanging back for a while but then you would also be staying in Baltimore with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's quiet around here   

Back to top Go down

It's quiet around here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat-
Jump to: