Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A classic...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Salvia

A classic... Empty
PostSubject: A classic...   A classic... EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:14 pm

https://youtu.be/Gur8ccqrQ9c
I'm sure all of you know the film 'Prince of Egypt', but I only discovered it recently, thanks to a friend. And now, everytime I watch this clip, it moves me so much I need to grasp for the box of kleenex - this is Disney flinging very deep truths into pop culture!
'There can be miracles, when you believe' - that's the power of faith for you.
It gave me some understanding of what the Exodus story also can mean: this is a group of people leaving the slavery, but also relative security of their oppressing lives, like, the daily rat race...to go on a risky adventure to chase their dream, their ideal life. Why dare they do this? Because they believe they can. Because they have faith in the goodness of life and the Universe - G-d.They believe that they will be able to live the life of their dreams, and they go for it. It gives so much hope to see this - a cinematopgraphic masterpiece. So mcuh joy in the middle of fear....

The shot at the end of the clip, with the rays of light coming from the skies, means very much to me, but maybe you need to speak Dutch to see this - in Dutch, these rays of llight, as you see them sometimes beaming from the clouds, are called 'Jacob's ladders'. The ladder of Jacob, on which angels went up and down: a link between earth and heaven,the light of the Universe visible in our world. Like we are all (like is everything in Creation) linked to the Divine, in everyone burns this spark of divinity - the Divine is with us in the most intimite way and reveals itself to us from within. Jacob's ladder. G-d in Creation!!
'God with us' and Faith that moves mountains - yeah this vid is so very much kleenex-material.

As things are a bit difficult for me at the moment, I watch this excerpt often and it moves me every time in a very deep way, gives me hope and keeps the fire burning.

I hope I do not abuse Jewish tradition with my somewhat unporthodox interpetation, to me it is all about faith and hope and daring to dream of a better world, a better life. I indentify with all of this crowd of people leaving the land of slavery, not afraid although their is much to fear, because they believe.
Where is the *love* emoticon?
Back to top Go down
Sarit

Sarit

A classic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A classic...   A classic... EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:43 am

Oh, I love that film so much! And of course, I prepare a box of Kleenex every time I watch it! It's so moving and inspiring, I could read or watch the story of Exodus any time!

It's not that it happened only then; it can happen and it's happening every day - for the struggle to be free and to follow your dream, to do what you believe and feel is an everyday struggle.

There is so much to learn from Exodus story. Thank you for your interpretation. :)
Back to top Go down
Salvia

A classic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A classic...   A classic... EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Yes, it can happen everyday!
That's what makes it so beautiful Very Happy
And...'my' interpretation?
What you just wrote about the struggle to be free and follow your dream is exactly the same Razz
Back to top Go down
Sarit

Sarit

A classic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A classic...   A classic... EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:49 pm

sunny

I need a :hug: smiley definitely! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Salvia

A classic... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A classic...   A classic... EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:54 pm

*HUG*