Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vegan, anyone?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Salvia

Vegan, anyone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Vegan, anyone?   Vegan, anyone? - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2013 4:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

So I'm not a vegan, but surprisingly, many of recipes are. Vegan food is so easy, and very nourishing and you don't have to worry about anything being kosher or not, cause all veggies are kosher!

Cooking tonight: veggie tajine
It's very easy. You just need some nourishing vegetables, I put in carrots, green beans and potatoes, some onion and a tomato. Pumkin is great too, as is everything in season.

So you first dice all the vegetables, and you cut the onion in very small pieces.
Then you put a HUGE splash of olive oil in a heavy iron pan, and you first soften the onion. Then you put your other veggies, salt, pepper and spices you like. I put in ras el hanout, quite some cinnamon and ginger and a bit less cumin and coriander. Often I also add chilli powder but not everyone likes to get his tongue burnt! You mix everything a bit with a wooden spoon, and then you put in your tomato, quartered. It is important to put the tomato or your sauce will stay very watery.
Then you cover your pan and you just let everything simmer in a low fire for an hour or so, and enjoy the good smell of spices everywhere in your house. You might want to add some water if your veggies get burnt but in no means add to much, or you'll make...stew. That's not the idea.
Serve with rice or couscous or this rice-couscous like stuff which is actually pasta.

Easy recipe for the sunday evening, I though some might enjoy ^^
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Salvia

PostSubject: Re: Vegan, anyone?   Vegan, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Clash with modernity! It will do your synagogue kitchen some good sunny

When will we get our much-needed hug-smiley?
Back to top Go down
Sarit

Sarit

PostSubject: Re: Vegan, anyone?   Vegan, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:30 pm

Yes, indeed! Thumps Up

And yes, I want the hug-smiley too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vegan, anyone?   Vegan, anyone? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vegan, anyone?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: The Kitchen-
Jump to: