Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this a joke?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bee

Bee

Is this a joke? Empty
PostSubject: Is this a joke?   Is this a joke? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:51 pm

I don't trust any articles or news from the UK, but I saw this on a facebook friends wall.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2042097/Student-Nazi-dress-day-causes-outrage-Thailand.html
Back to top Go down
Mychal

Mychal

Is this a joke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a joke?   Is this a joke? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:53 pm

I think it's probably an accurate news article. And I think it's probably accurate that they didn't know that what they were doing was offensive. We are outraged that people in Thailand don't know anything about Western history, but I guarantee our students are just as ignorant about the atrocities commited by the Japanese during WWII.

I'll tell a story on my husband. When he was a kid, he was out playing with his friends in the neighborhood, and they decided they'd play Axis and Allies, and my husband got picked to be on the German side. He staked out his piece of territory by chalking a large swastika on the road in front of the house. When his mother looked out the window, she about had a heart attack and she stopped the game immediately and made him get the water hose and wash off the road before the neighbors saw.

So, yes, I can believe children can be ignorant of the evil of certain dress and certain symbols. It's a shame, really, that we have to teach them that you can hurt people with symbols.
Back to top Go down
http://becomingjew.blog.com/
Dena

Dena

Is this a joke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a joke?   Is this a joke? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:16 am

The symbol isn't the worst part. It was used long before the Nazis took it. However I wonder how on earth you could dress up as Hitler without having some indication of who he was and what he did? You would have to have some indication or someone who did would have to tell you how to mimic him.
Back to top Go down
Bee

Bee

Is this a joke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a joke?   Is this a joke? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:22 am

My thoughts exactly Dena. Especially this age of information technology..where exactly can you buy that outfit, the mall?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is this a joke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a joke?   Is this a joke? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a joke?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Jewish Life :: Society and Culture-
Jump to: