Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite prayer or part of the service

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
esf

esf

Favorite prayer or part of the service Empty
PostSubject: Favorite prayer or part of the service   Favorite prayer or part of the service EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Just curious, what's your favorite prayer/psalm/part of the liturgy?

There are always bits of service that I particularly look forward to - for me, the Birkot ha-Shachar and the Amidah, while my son always perks up when we sing V'Shamru and Yism'chu (more or less in the middle of the service).
Back to top Go down
mikedoyleblogger

mikedoyleblogger

PostSubject: Re: Favorite prayer or part of the service   Favorite prayer or part of the service EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:07 pm

R'tzei, near the end of the Amidah. For me, it reflects the eternal plea of humanity for God to be there...just to be there. Followed by Hodaah, where we acknowledge and give thanks for God's ever-presence in some way in our lives, this one-two beat in the service humbles me almost to the point of tears--and sometimes beyond--every time. (I try to daven at least daily, and still, each time it blows me away.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.chicagocarless.com
Rocky_girl

PostSubject: Re: Favorite prayer or part of the service   Favorite prayer or part of the service EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:05 am

I love singing etz chayim the best. The melody is so beautiful.
Back to top Go down
esf

esf

PostSubject: Re: Favorite prayer or part of the service   Favorite prayer or part of the service EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks for your replies! Michael, I love your description of those prayers - they're going to mean more to me each time I get there now :)
Back to top Go down
Bee

Bee

PostSubject: Re: Favorite prayer or part of the service   Favorite prayer or part of the service EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:23 pm

mikedoyleblogger wrote:
R'tzei, near the end of the Amidah. For me, it reflects the eternal plea of humanity for God to be there...just to be there. Followed by Hodaah, where we acknowledge and give thanks for God's ever-presence in some way in our lives, this one-two beat in the service humbles me almost to the point of tears--and sometimes beyond--every time. (I try to daven at least daily, and still, each time it blows me away.)

Thumps Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite prayer or part of the service   Favorite prayer or part of the service Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite prayer or part of the service
Page 1 of 1