Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RachaelMoscow

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Hello!   Hello! EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm Rachael, a Canadian fresh out of college and about to move to Russia (eep) to begin a teaching career. Because I move around so much it's difficult to establish a relationship to a congregation, but I am beginning my conversion to Reform Judaism. (I've found at least one Reform congregation in Moscow, despite my abysmal Russian.) My dad is an Anglican archbishop, but I have never felt the slightest connection to Christianity. Judaism has appealed to me for a long time, and at long last I feel like there's something there, you know? I have some cousins who are Jewish, as well as a roommate, who have been extremely helpful in exploring the religion itself, and I spend a lot of time in independent study of history, theology, Hebrew, etc. I'm really ready to move forward, though not in a hurry - there's no need to rush into it. Looking forward to reading and sharing experiences!
Back to top Go down
Sarit

Sarit

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 am

Hello, Rachael and welcome!! sunny I'm looking forward to reading posts about your journey! :)
Back to top Go down
Salvia

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:43 am

Hi Rachael, and welcome again!sunny

I'm looking forward to your posts, too :)

Your background sounds quite familiar to me- and I recognise both not being able to feel connection to Christianity and the problem of moving around - I moved five times in four years, and three times internationally. A new, possiby international, move seems to be on the horizon. It does a lot to open your mind and enrich your thinking, but for building close bonds with others, like a congregation, it is less than ideal.

Russia sounds exciting! Although I do understand you dread it a bit, as well.
I hope your Anglican fammily supports your conversion.

Hope to 'see' you soon on the forum!!

Salvia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Introductions and Member News-
Jump to: