Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone !

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisp

My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone ! Empty
PostSubject: My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone !   My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone ! EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 10:09 am

edited

Last edited by chrisp on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dena

Dena

PostSubject: Re: My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone !   My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone ! EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Welcome to the forum, Chris. I am acquainted with a woman who researches backgrounds to find Jewish ancestry. She says it can be quite difficult. If you ever want information on it, I could ask her. She is a professional, so she has resources. Many of her clients end up not being Jewish but I'm sure it's interesting anyway, just to know where you're from!
Back to top Go down
chrisp

PostSubject: Re: My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone !   My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone ! EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm in the process of few DNA tests, just to see what's going on :) However DNA research and genealogy research are different things :)

Let me know how can I find this woman I may become her next client :) !
Back to top Go down
Salvia

PostSubject: Re: My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone !   My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone ! EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi Chris and welcome!

Sorry for being late to this....

Your story made me smile as your grandmother sounds a lot like my mother. I am born in the Netherlands but my maternal family came there about a hundreds years ago from what was then Poland. She and her sister also always told me things about Judaism and jewish food and stuff, and anecdotes etc. I have picked up quite some yiddish words this way, too, which now helps me to mearn both yiddish and hebrew (well, 'learn' yiddish..as soon as I got the alef bet, I was able to read and understand it Razz ).
The worst part came when not long ago I met this lovely boyfriend who wants to go and live in Israel. When I told my mom about this she all but exploded with joy. Her first reaction: 'oh, Israel!! I always wanted to go there!! I'll visit you there and babysit on my grandchildren!!' (not that fast, mum, not that fast... ;) ). Second reaction: I'll teach you right now how to make kosher chickensoup!
Those are the 'are you actually sure you aren't jewish?' moments ;) They make me smile.

x
Salvia

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone !   My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone ! Empty

Back to top Go down

My Polish - Jewish story... Hello everyone !
Page 1 of 1