Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Purim video

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Debbie B.

Debbie B.

Purim video Empty
PostSubject: Purim video   Purim video EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:40 am

Here is a fun Purim video:
[a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-wxBQGetIs"]Shake Your Grogger (A Purim Song)[/a]

Tonight my family dressed as "The Three Little Pigs". At first when I suggested it, my son said "But mom, pigs are treif!" To which I replied, "That makes it even better for Purim since that's when we do everything incorrectly or backwards." It cost me only $4 to buy two sheets of pink felt to make pig ears (kippah clips work well to hold them onto our heads!) and noses and some rafia for the "straw". I bought the smallest and cheapest rafia bundle, so I used scrunched up plastic bags wrapped in a bandana with the rafia just sticking out the corners so it looked like a bigger bunch of straw. I collected some sticks that had blown down from the big oak tree in our front yard, and we used a real brick (some are left in our garage from the remodeling that the previous owners did). I also happened to have two long sleeve pink shirts, one of which fit my son, that the two of us wore under short sleeve shirts. My husband just wore a long sleeve shirt.

I think we were in the running for "best family costumes", but then a young couple entered dressed in Egyptian pharaoh outfits and carrying their baby swaddled in a sheet in a basket (as "baby Moses", of course). Hard to compete with a cute baby!
Back to top Go down
Sarit

Sarit

Purim video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purim video   Purim video EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:25 pm

Awwww, "The Three Little Pigs" sound wonderful!

I was a mouse - I decided that I will be an animal this year and the choice has been made easily - mice are sweet and I could improvise a lot, so there it was!

We had a very joyful Purim here! I really enjoyed in every moment!
Back to top Go down

Purim video
Page 1 of 1