Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interacting with secular Jews

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
usuario

Interacting with secular Jews Empty
PostSubject: Interacting with secular Jews   Interacting with secular Jews EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:20 pm

How well do you identify with secular / High Holiday Jews, and have they ever been curious about your Judaism?
Back to top Go down
Debbie B.

Debbie B.

PostSubject: Re: Interacting with secular Jews   Interacting with secular Jews EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:50 pm

I do identify with secular or not very observant Jews because I have come to feel Jewish not just in a religious way, but in a cultural way as well. Maybe it's just who I am. I also feel a connection with other Chinese Americans, alumni from my alma mater, and people from the San Francisco Bay Area where I grew up. So here I am getting "naches" from reading about the successes of Jeremy Lin even though I think I have only watched one entire basketball game in whole my life, and only then because I took my Girl Scout troop to a women's university basketball game.
Back to top Go down
Dena

Dena

PostSubject: Re: Interacting with secular Jews   Interacting with secular Jews EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:00 am

I know a few secular Jews but they have absolutely no interest in my religious connection with Judaism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interacting with secular Jews   Interacting with secular Jews Empty

Back to top Go down

Interacting with secular Jews
Page 1 of 1