Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

shabbat shalom!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Salvia

shabbat shalom! Empty
PostSubject: shabbat shalom!   shabbat shalom! EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Shabbat shalom & good shabbes, dear everyone!!

Where are you all?
I miss the activity here....

Salvia
Back to top Go down
searchinmyroots

searchinmyroots

shabbat shalom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: shabbat shalom!   shabbat shalom! EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:50 am

I think it may be due to the summer months where many people go on vacation.

At least that is what I was doing for a couple of weeks.

I too hope to "see" some new posts. Especially with the Jewish Holidays quickly arriving!
Back to top Go down
Sarit

Sarit

shabbat shalom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: shabbat shalom!   shabbat shalom! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:33 am

I'm back! I was on a month-long vacation period - I work in school so basically this is the only time of the year when I actually have some really free time!

I was at the seaside, where I have a small house.

I must admit that living a Jewish life apart from the Jewish community was quite a task - not in the means of having problems with living Jewishly - oh, no - actually, I've discovered that once you live apart from Jewish community it can happen that everything that you do, every little observance gets even more important and meaningful to you (since in an environment without a synagogue or Jewish people they really become a meaningful markers of identity; I don't say that here it isn't so - it's just that here the person could more easily slip into the "everybody do it, so I do it too" state, which takes off a lot of dimensions from being observant but also adds others, of course).

Anyway, the past 30 days were a great experience. Being without a regular internet connection I had so many time, did so many work and reading, and also had time to renew and prepare for what's coming next. :)
Back to top Go down
Salvia

shabbat shalom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: shabbat shalom!   shabbat shalom! EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:51 am

Great Sarit Very Happy

I also have been travelling a bit, meeting up with friends in Germany, and after that some general hitchhiking a bit closer to home, some music festivals (traditional music, I danced too much Very Happy ), visiting friends and having friends and family over...Oh I love the freedom of travelling around and having all the time for yourself, without some stupid schedule!

Already looking forward to the next trip. I am dreaming of a great road trip, hitchiking through Germany, via Vienna and Budapest to Belgrade, in order to see all these people I haven't seen for so long, or in some cases, never seen in real life yet ;) But it isn't at all sure I will be able, as I am going to have to live on social welfare for the next months and they'll probably oblige me to stay in France Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

shabbat shalom! Empty
PostSubject: Re: shabbat shalom!   shabbat shalom! Empty

Back to top Go down

shabbat shalom!
Page 1 of 1