Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Free online Jewish learning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Debbie B.

Debbie B.

Free online Jewish learning Empty
PostSubject: Free online Jewish learning   Free online Jewish learning EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:50 pm

I just found out that a minyan friend is teaching a class on a free online Jewish learning site called OneShul. I haven't watched any of the videos myself, but I have heard many d'vrei Torah from this friend and I'm sure his will be a great class.

Here is a link to a class on Ruth:
Book of Ruth Online Class

Appropriate for Shavuot since the book of Ruth is traditionally read on the second day of Shavuot (maybe on the only day of Shavuot in Israel?).

My friend is giving a class on Jewish death and burial practices on Tuesday, May 29 at 8pm (Eastern time). I assume it will be available to be seen online at any time after that as well.

Back to top Go down
Dena

Dena

PostSubject: Re: Free online Jewish learning   Free online Jewish learning EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Ah, I know the website. The owner asked if I would like to teach a class. I said yes...then chickened out. Yes, I believe after the class the video goes up so you can watch at anytime. I'll try to remember to take a look! Thanks, Debbie.

Another side note, Patrick (who runs OneShul) is putting out a book on conversion. It includes stories from converts. Maybe even someone from here? My story should be included but there may be others. I didn't actually get around to asking him if he used mine or not...so...not sure.
Back to top Go down
Debbie B.

Debbie B.

PostSubject: Re: Free online Jewish learning   Free online Jewish learning EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:51 am

Patrick Aleph was at Limmud Chicago 2012, but I didn't go to either of his sessions. He was easy to recognize in the halls though due to his tatoos.
Back to top Go down
Dena

Dena

PostSubject: Re: Free online Jewish learning   Free online Jewish learning EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:22 am

Debbie B. wrote:
Patrick Aleph was at Limmud Chicago 2012, but I didn't go to either of his sessions. He was easy to recognize in the halls though due to his tatoos.

Yes, I suppose that would make him a little easier to spot. Wink and Smile
Back to top Go down
Dena

Dena

PostSubject: Re: Free online Jewish learning   Free online Jewish learning EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:37 pm

Debbie, I missed the class but I'm watching it online now. He's talking about your minyan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lzbthcldwll

PostSubject: Re: Free online Jewish learning   Free online Jewish learning EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:13 am

Oh so excited! Thanks for pointing me in this direction!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free online Jewish learning   Free online Jewish learning Empty

Back to top Go down

Free online Jewish learning
Page 1 of 1